Education and Academic Background
Geoffrey was trained in hypnotherapy and NLP at the Institute of Clinical Hypnosis in London, regarded as the leading training college for hypnosis in the United Kingdom, and received a certification in Hypnotherapy as a CHt. He has further expanded his skills and expertise here in the USA, with many advanced training courses.
He is a National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH
) Certified Instructor
, as well as being a member of the NGH.
Geoffrey's Hypnotherapy Practice
Geoffrey has twenty
years of experience as a hypnotherapist, and has been in general practice in Portland Oregon for sixteen years. In addition to his successful record in quitting smoking
and weight loss
, Geoffrey will tackle any problem where he knows or believes hypnosis can help. He has experience in problems such as anxiety, fears, panic attacks
, eating disorders
, enhancing memory recall
and much more. Geoffrey offers a free 45 minute initial consultation
, so give him a call (503-246-7300) or schedule your consultation online
. His approach is holistic, that is to say he treats the mind and the body as a whole, and regards his therapy as complementary to allopathic medicine.
He has instructed women here in Portland in natural childbirth using hypnosis. Using hypnosis is a wonderful way to give birth, relieving much of the stress on mother and child. It gives the child a huge advantage when he/she is brought into this world when the mother is relaxed, as well as allowing the mother to recover rapidly.
One of the focuses of his practice is assisting people with medically related problems and in pain control. Please see Geoffrey's "Common Problems"
section where you will find an extensive list of problems he has dealt with.
Regression and Past Life Regression
are often used in therapy, and Geoffrey has found that in many cases it can be instrumental in helping to resolve issues that require change in a client's present life.
Geoffrey has an association with a wide circle of medical doctors as well as alternative therapists, working alongside them for the benefit of the client.
Code of Ethics
Geoffrey is bound by the strict code of ethics
laid down by the National Guild of Hypnotists, Inc, and the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association and undertakes to:
- Provide treatment consistent with a diligent duty of care and within knowledge, competence and experience.
- Ensure that wherever a physical cause to a client condition may be either known or suspected, that the client be encouraged to seek medical advice.
- Maintain strict confidentiality during and after treatment.
- Obtain client permission before audio or video recording of any part of a consultation or therapy takes place.
- Refrain from using his position of trust and confidence to exploit the client emotionally or in any other way whatsoever.
- To complete courses of treatment in every case at the earliest possible opportunity.
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the client and those accompanying them.
- Conduct himself at all times in such a way as to do nothing that might bring hypnotherapy or the Associations he is a member of into disrepute.
Born in southern India, the son of a British tea planter, Geoffrey was educated at one of England's leading boarding schools. He did his National Service as a Midshipman in the Royal Navy, and then went to Cambridge University to read Law. On becoming a solicitor, he stared his career as a commercial lawyer in the City of London, and after four years of practice switched to merchant banking. The rest of his career was in the financial industry as a director of various investment banks, where, with his legal background, he specialized in bids and take overs, and spent some time as a stock broker. At the age of 52, he decided to make a career change after taking a course in hypnotherapy and NLP.
Learn More About Geoffrey's Practice